Partick Thistle Charitable Trust
Works as an independent charity established in July 2011 to use the Partick Thistle name to engage, support and empower our communities through the promotion of health and well-being, football, education, citizenship and inclusion, primarily within our local community.
We have already made a huge impact in many people’s lives through our different initiatives and the organisation has gone from strength to strength, not only in the development of participants but also the Trust as a whole has outdone expectations.
We encourage collaboration and meaningful partnerships across all areas of its activity and has strategic alliances in place that are necessary to achieve the organisational purpose. This includes good working relations with other sector intermediaries, local authorities and with the private sector which extends the organisation’s reach and further supports its mission.
Our strategy is reviewed regularly and focuses around 3 key areas
Make a positive contribution to the communities of (North) Glasgow by promoting good citizenship, respect and inclusion for all.
- To promote social inclusion, advance education and active citizenship in Glasgow and the surrounding area by means of increased access to club facilities and physical recreation.
- To work with community police, safety officers and other partners towards utilising participation in physical recreation as a method of crime reduction.
- To build the confidence and self-esteem of and improve the life chances of young people in (North) Glasgow.
Improve the health and well-being of the citizens of (North) Glasgow.
- To promote health and wellbeing throughout the community by way of participation in physical recreation and education regarding the positive benefits of exercise and good nutrition.
- To work with local projects, charities and social enterprises to provide a football related interaction service to improve the health and wellbeing for people with a disadvantage.
Develop a financially sustainable charitable trust that is wholly effective in delivering our Mission.
- Increase income generation from Social Enterprise activity as a % of total turnover by 2018.
- Increase income generation from donations, fundraising and sponsorship as a % of total turnover by 2018.
- Reduce dependency on grant funding as a % of total turnover by 2018 and reduce financial risk by diluting the number of grant funders.
- Ensure our staffing, systems, processes, governance and financial management meet the growing needs of the Trust.